Thursday, April 29, 2010

No Good Deed goes Unpunished...

Where has the time gone--
FLOWN BY--i say!
Was it really December when i last posted?
Some how life has gotten crazy,
crazy busy--
crazy, crazy, busy
to the point where i have been too tired to put two thoughts together
let alone an entire statement.
I would love to play catch up on what has been going on--
but....
that is not going to happen tonight.
So instead I will write about this weeks adventure/trial/blessing....
I guess i will decide which category it fits in once it is over.....

Since the hubby has been on the High Council our time together on Sundays has been reduced. Most Sundays he is in the ward he is assigned to and then once a month or so he gets the chance to speak in other various wards. On occasion i am able to go hear him speak--but more often than not I don't. When he speaks he is responsible to get another speaker to go with him chosen from a list. Once in awhile that list is short and he has to scramble for another speaker--this happened last summer and he was willing to volunteer me, and I in turn quickly volunteered my oldest daughter who was returning from Africa a few days before he needed a speaker. Missing her family, my daughter was quick to oblige her fathers request, and there for took me off the hook. I had dodged the bullet--for now....

Fast forward 8 months and once again it found my husband scrambling for a companion speaker--to which he informed me that I was his companion and I would get to speak with him--to which i promptly told him--"Yeah, I don't think so....". He then went to try and find someone else off the list--toward the end of the week he again mentioned that he needed me--much like my children I pretended like I didn't hear him--because if you don't actually hear the request it doesn't really count--Right? The poor guy resorted to sending me an e-mail to inform me that "I" was the chosen one--(i pretended that i hadn't read it) He inquired if i had checked my e-mail because now it was official--poor guy--i sorta blew his request off--chuckling under my breath the whole time. He then gave me the talk I was supposed to speak on Saturday night and told me i could have my choice of talks--some how I wasn't feeling it. I went to bed--I was tired, not knowing what i was going to speak on. My husband woke up the next morning and went to a meeting not knowing if i was really going to speak with him or not.(Poor guy--I really shouldn't have made him sweat) While he was gone i looked up some talks about some things i had been thinking about and formulated some ideas on what i would speak on. Nothing was really written down--I was not sure what direction I was really going in--I just knew I was going. My poor husband confided in me that he didn't actually know i was going to speak with him till i was walking out the door with him--I always knew i was--I guess i just like to see him sweat sometimes. So I gave my talk--I thought he had told me that i had 20 minutes--he said that he told me 12--anyway i took the 20 minutes plus 5 more i guess. I think i did OK. I had many people tell me that it was something that they needed to hear--and i thought that was it.....that it was over.
BUT.....
It wasn't.
There are times when you shouldn't do a good job speaking--like when a member of the stake presidency is sitting there and stake conference is coming up. YUP I got a call. I am one of the lucky ones that gets to speak in stake conference. I am feeling inadequate--nervous. I am wondering what i am supposed to say--what message i need to get across. All i can do is prepare and put the rest in the lords hands--that he will direct my thoughts to convey the message that needs to be given Saturday night. I will let you know if it works or not....



4 comments:

Dianne said...

Wow! I'm definitely coming to Stake Conference now. No wonder you haven't had time to e-mail me the pictures from prom. Really - you'll do a wonderful job and hopefully you'll also receive all the blessings you deserve for speaking not once, but twice.

PS. I've been wondering what it would take to get you to actually post on your blog again and now I know. Love ya!

Annette said...

Just blow it off until Saturday night again and then it will be a Fabulous talk like your first one... Right? 8-) Love ya, you will do great job. You are one of the most amazing women i know.

Lydia said...

My mom, who doesn't like to speak in church very often, was asked to speak in 2 Stake conferences in a row. Talk about unfair, right?

I'm sure your talk was awesome. And I hope you don't have to speak in Stake conference again for a very long time.

Unknown said...

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. No worries - you will be blessed. There is obviously someone out there who needs to hear what you have to say. Hey, I wanna come. Maybe it's me :)When is your stake conference

Well - I will see ya next weekend at CE preview!!!

You will do a great job