Sunday, May 15, 2011

Senior pictures

Time is a funny thing.
There are moments that fly by and others that creep along.
Has it really almost been a month since i posted last?
March felt like it moved at a snails pace--
April moved at light speed,
and then here we are in the middle of May already?!
School will be ending for my senior son this week--
and then next week is graduation and the end of school for the rest of my piglets.
Summer here we come....

This was my sweet boy just four years ago at 8th grade graduation



such the cute boy.
He has grown (some).
Put on some weight
and gotten (some) facial hair,
and his braces finally removed.
Time does not stand still--it keeps moving. 
Life keeps changing.

Here he is four years later....
red pants and all.
He is his own unique person

 This has to be one of my favorites--I love the reflection in the window
These pictures were taken by his friend Katie.
She is amazing.
(Katie is the one on the left with her sister)

Since i have known her since birth I can say that.
She has become quite the accomplished photographer

Jake and Katie have a special relationship--
When they were young pups on the playground they were swinging on this tire swing that we fondly refer to as the hurler. Let's just say that centrifugal force does not bode well for the person next to you when you loose your lunch---Katie has either blocked out that memory, or has chosen to forgive him and his childhood indiscretion. Not that he had much control over it. I am soooo grateful for the fact that she was able to draw the smile out of him--he is not the easiest in that regard.
My number two child will graduate...in four more years and i will loose two more--leaving little man to hang out with his dad and I...ALONE. It is hard to believe we are at this point in our lives...fun and yet sad at the same time. These pictures are just proof that time marches on and waits for no man.


Changes will happen whether i want them to or not. I am excited and nervous to think about what the future will hold for my kidlins. I guess i just need to embrace these moments/memories and be thankful for the pictures that have frozen them in time.

“We all have our time machines.
Some take us back,
they're called memories.
Some take us forward,
they're called dreams."




No comments: