Thursday, April 16, 2009

dress trauma

Oh MY WORd.....
this is a week from H--E---double toothpicks...
a ton to do and we just keep adding to the fun....
It is three days till Prom...
Not her prom--NOOOO
that is a week from now--
a whole entire week to be able to prepare--
but instead we are stressing this week--
my busy, out of control, too many things already scheduled week.

Could my daughter narrow down her dress selection to just one?
Yes, we have more than one choice.
We have picked up dresses as we found great deals as to not have to stress come dance time---
I AM STRESSING!!!
I mean SHEESH--it is only 3 days before prom...
She thinks i have time to do alterations--
not just alterations--she wants me to find the time to buy the fabric, cut out the fabric and make sleeves for the dress she thinks she wants to wear....oh and a sash...
Can we talk about the dress that she had to have that made her feel like a princess--that she
loved, LOVED, LOVED,
and now says she won't wear it because she thinks it looks like a wedding dress?....
DARG....
I was just explaining to her all the things i have to do...she said "I will buy the fabric." That is nice and all-but have you ever sent a non-sew-er to the fabric store? And once I actually have the fabric it is more than just wiggling my nose "Samantha" style to have the sleeves magically appear...

Anyone know how to make more time appear out of thin air--because the air is feeling really thin around here--
(did i mention that is the only thin thing in my life....)



No comments: