Sunday, May 3, 2009

Airport irritations

i am ready to be home--
I am tired...
slept across the bed which is something i love to do--
ALL BY MYSELF---
no snoring to be heard...
and yet i still was waking up
and beating my alarm up--
i am wiped right now...
not feeling the most patient---
too many people in a small area...
and i am not even on the plane yet--
still in the terminal--
but it is hot...
and crowded....
and smelly....
and noisy....

I got to the airport early and could have jumped on an earlier flight
it was already at the gate--
seats were open
but they wanted to charge me extra....
SERIOUSLY???
Wouldn't you want to fill seats?
It doesn't cost you anymore to fill that available seat
and that would have left another seat open to try and sell for another hour....
Oh well--
so here i sit....blogging and checking facebook and e-mail
thank goodness for free wireless...

It is funny how the TSA is supposed to be the same airport to airport
but its not.--Not by any stretch....
Efficiency is not consistent by any means
today i made the cardinal mistake and reached in at the end of the conveyor belt to grab my bag--it was almost out--but almost doesn't count--
I practically got my hand slapped and the bag was put back with all the contents spilling out--
and then she made me wait......
while she checked the guys bag behind me
just letting my bag sit there....
heaven forbid you get irritated...
they control your destiny....
I asked if she could move my bag up
since they guy was behind me....
So much for suggestions....
again the proverbial hand slap
so i waited and tried not to be ticked
I know i am tired--stuff always bothers you more when you are tired...
although the TSA bothers me even when i am not tired....
just a sign of the times
and i better get used to it.....

No comments: