Monday, January 12, 2009

Health assesment

In order to receive a discount on our health insurance they ask us to do a health assessment, so today i have been online answering those probing questions. I find some irony as i am doing this while lying in bed--self diagnosed with STREP(yes i was assessing my own health)--i figure if the back of my throat is covered with white spots it is not a good thing and i need to take care of it before it gets worse. I have too much going on to get sick--problem is that I need to do much today and am not moving--at least not very fast. (Hopefully one day will not be enough to put me behind.)--Back to the assessment--it didn't tell me anything i didn't already know--or anything that the WII hadn't told me--although it was a bit kinder in its approach. It did make me feel good to check that i have fewer than 1/or none drinks a week and that i never touched cigarettes. And then there is the statement that I almost always wear a seat belt--at least that makes me safe when i talk on my phone--eat while driving and am distracted by the kids----none of which was mentioned in the test---thank goodness that omission was left out or i would have gotten an even worse score......

No comments: