Friday, January 23, 2009

rollercoaster of emotions

As a mother we get to ride the roller coaster of emotions. Some days it is the extreme high of highs and the low of lows--with our stomach dropping in between. While riding on a real roller coaster you can scream your guts out (actually i am busting up laughing when i ride) which is not quite as acceptable in life--to walk around screaming. Not that you don't feel like it--but the idea of someone coming with a lovely white jacket and taking me away keeps me from exuding those emotions.

I found it is the 'TION" emotions that really get me---
frustraTION,
anticipaTION,
trepidaTION,
percepTION,
although i do enjoy appreciaTION.....
and on those days that i receive it as a MOM i lap it up--
the pay we receive for this job is not so great--
so any positive feedback is appreciated


And then there are the "ED" emotions---
embarrassED,
frustratED,
aggravatED,
disappointED,
discouragED,
confusED,
annoyED,
excitED,
exhaustED,
confusED.
(wait i already used that one--see--i really am so confused.

I feel like i have been on that roller coaster the last few days. The daughter has had some highs and lows as of late. It is amazing how the events in someone elses life can have such an impact on your own. When it is our kids--we take things personal--real personal. I would rather be the one that is hurt than to see my children hurting. I was warned about this before i had kids....who knew that the emotions could be so strong.....

No comments: