Sunday, February 17, 2008

CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
--Abraham Lincoln

So tonight we had some friends over for dinner and we got to talking about someone we refer to as Sis. Smiley, and how she always has a smile on her face. She is currently serving in a different ward but was at ours today to play the piano for her step-daughter. She is the epitome of a happy person--at times it drives you crazy until you get to know her and the things that have happened to her in the past--her life has not always been a "HAPPY" one and yet that is what she chooses--to be happy. She is genuine--I love to see her and she always makes me feel like i am valued and loved---what a great example she has been to me--I am lucky that i got to work with her for a few years in our church job. I am trying to carry on that attitude of happiness. As we all know with kids--some days are easier than others.

I have not felt so well today--my gallbladder i think. It is amazing how you forget how being in pain makes you so tired. It brought back memories of me being in labor with my kids--only the outcome was worth the pain---no so today. I guess i will have to call the doctor in the morning and see what they have to say.

They kids made it home safely---I feel such stress when they are out so late--all the crazys on the road and all. They had a great time and except for Jake breaking the fundamental rule of t-peeing(you know the one about getting caught). You would think that the runner of the group could have gotten away--but being stuck in a tree hampered his ability to escape.

So i guess i will call it a night and hopefully i will feel better in the morning--the kids are all home tomorrow, so i am hoping to get the laundry all done with their help--should be a fun day? Well, maybe for me--not so much for them.


TTFN

Camera battery is dead so pictures will be posted in the AM

No comments: