Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Garden of Weedin'

I grow weeds.
I grow them well. I don't have to work that hard at it--
it just seems to happen.
In the midst of my weeds today I found I have been growing
something of worth.
In pulling the weeds around my compost pile there was a familiar smell
--of a tomato plant.--
With further investigation I found that I had
not one, two or three plants,
but SIX tomato plants
that have taken up residence around my compost pile.
Now, it is one thing to grow the plant,
but {HOLY MOLEY}
to have it produce the fruit is something else.
Allah, peanut butter sandwiches--
Or maybe i should say
Allah, BLT SANDWICHES
I give you a tomato plant with 8 tomatoes
--Yes i am impressed with myself and my wonderful green thumb.
For my next trick i am going to work on the bacon plant.


A number of rare or newly experienced foods

have been claimed to be aphrodisiacs.

At one time this quality was even ascribed to the tomato.

Reflect on that when you are next preparing the family salad.”

Jane Grigson

Three tomatoes are walking down the street-

a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato.

Baby tomato starts lagging behind.

Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato,

and smooshes him… and says, Catch up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is the coolest of the coolest, Leigh Ann. I love plants and we had gardens before they grew so well.
thanks for sharing.