Monday, November 3, 2008

Election eve

Tomorrow is election day.
Finally all this nonsense will be over.
The name calling will end.
The eyesores that they call political advertisements
will be removed from the landscape.
I will be able to answer the phone without someone
asking my opinion--
giving me theirs--
or wanting my money
in support of their worthy cause.
My junk mail will be reduced
and i will be able to watch commercials
without wanting to throw up.

I don't know what the future holds for our country--
I am not really thrilled with either candidate-
but i am grateful that as a woman,
and as an American
that i have this right to vote.
I will take this opportunity
to exercise this right
to have my voice heard
to have my vote count.
I am grateful that my oldest child is taking this responsibility
and stepping up--
to try and make a difference.
We can only hope that
honest people,
with worthy intentions
will lead our country.
We can only hope
that we will continue to be blessed
with the freedoms that we really take for granted.
We can only hope
that who ever is elected--
that we will survive these next four years......

No comments: