Wednesday, February 18, 2009

killing time blogging about nothing

I love getting paid to sit on my behin-ey and blog. It makes me feel like such the multi task-er--like i am actually accomplishing something when i could be doing nothing--and getting paid for it.

There are few benefits to this job--but i do enjoy this one. Today finds me sitting in the Student Union at Scottsdale CC. I have decided that this is just a step above high school. Many young adults acting goofy and still pretty clueless on the real world---AHHH to be back to that point in my life....not that i am not loving being half way to 80....


Speaking of being half way to 80--(were we really talking about that?) I took a "real age" test the other day. It takes into account your health--blood pressure,HDL,LDL,CDL's(wait the last one is Commercial Drivers Licence and they really don't look at that--although the rest of it is looked at for my CDL)and I only came out one month older than my actual age. Not so bad i guess--they told me if i knew those magic numbers (like the LDL's and such) that i could have scored higher or is it lower? My weight (big surprise) brought me down--but the fact that i don't smoke,drink and more often than not I do wear my seat belt counted for a lot. It makes me feel good to know that somewhere in my life i do have some good habits--i am not all bad.


So speaking of weight loss(again were we talking about that?) My son is the epitome of self control when it comes to consuming...We are at the end of wrestling season--only two more weeks where he will have to watch what he eats. Have i mentioned that weight loss makes one cranky? That is why i am against it--I don't want to be cranky--at least that is what i continue to tell myself. So back to this boy of mine...he can manage to lose 8 pounds in less than a week, which is huge considering he is such a skinny one already. Between work outs, running and watching what he puts in his mouth he can get down to where he needs to be. He shows such amazing self control--in the sport of wrestling the weight is as big of an issue as anything. Wrestling requires a greater discipline than other sports. It has been said that once you wrestle everything else in life is easy.....


Can i say: THANK GOD FOR OUR FAMILIES!!! I am so grateful that i have been blessed with a wonderful extended family. Today while i am at work my wonderful favorite sister in law (how could she not be--they got engaged in the back seat of my car--but that is a story for another day) took my middle punk in to get her wisdom teeth pulled. I had made the appointment not knowing that today would be the only day i would work this week--It is such a nice thing to know that you can count on family...we are here for each other--to make our burdens lighter. Family should be the one thing that you can always count on and i am lucky that i can....

No comments: