Monday, March 9, 2009

How my kids measure up

MONEY:
Portable pieces of stamped paper or metal
in use of a medium of exchange.


We took a trip to the treasury building--kinda hard to miss the purpose of this building since they have the picture of the new $5 bill on a large banner hanging on it

actually it is the bureau of engraving and printing...
someone had told me they were handing out samples--
they weren't.
Call me gullible...
but the government is always giving away money--
yours and mine...
so was it so wrong of me to believe that i could get some?
I know it was a stretch....

The bureau of engraving doesn't only print money--
no---they are used to print all the presidential invites and such...
One more benefit for being the president--
never having to worry about running out of ink....

They were really picky about taking pictures--
as in "don't even think about it"
There were signs everywhere about NOT taking pictures.
I wanted to take a picture of the signs...
but i withstood the temptation...
It's not like they would come and yank the film out of my camera...
that is the problem with digital--
it is just not as dramatic to delete pictures.


It was interesting to see the many "security" features that they are continuing to add to our money--they said that they continue to add changes to the bills every 7 years...
and i am fine with that--
as long as they don't remove the "In GOD we trust" they can do what they want
(i know they have been waiting for my approval)


I was not the only person seeing dollar signs...

but i could actually take a picture of this

I used to think that a hundred thousand dollars was a lot of money--and then i worked for a bank and realized that while financially it is alot of money--it is just not that impressive sitting there.....

they had this on the wall--i just want to know--is the size of the kid in direct relation to the amount of money you will spend on them?

I love the fact that we were able to document how tall they currently are
and the financial value attached to each one
All my kids are into the millions already--my how they've grown
although i think this kids value will increase by several hundred thousand before all is said and done.
We do have a friend who is in the 7 foot range--worth over 2 million
I will take my vertically challenged family--they are cheaper that way...

No comments: