Thursday, March 19, 2009

there was an old lady who swallowed a fly...I don't know why she swallowed the fly--I guess she'll die

It's not that often that we can actually open our doors or windows and enjoy the coolness from outside. We relish those days--the few that they are. Because we rarely leave our doors open we are without screen doors--there just is not much need for them--and they only serve to get broken. The other night we had the door open to allow the dog the freedom to come in and out as she pleased--it seemed like a good idea at the time--except when we found flies congregating in our kitchen--tons and tons of flies---SOOOO GROSS----Especially when the daughter came in to finish the last of the soda in the bottle--and realized that there was a fly in it--only she discovered this after she had drank it(thank goodness not the fly just the soda) I know people drink tequila with a worm or some kind of disgusting something in it--if there was ever a reason for me NOT to drink tequila that would be it--so a fly in the soda....does that mean i need to give up soda now?--I don't think it added anything to the flavor....

Not owning a flyswatter--and getting sick of the massive amount of flies, my husband resorted to buying some fly tape--it looks disgusting--but it works--Kinda.

I can't look at it while i do the dishes--because many of them are still moving around--wiggling their little fly legs--begging me (or is it bugging me?)to let them go--promising me that they will stay out of my house. Have you ever looked into a flies eyes--(I see like six of me)--it's kinda creepy--especially when you tell them that you are not touching their sticky body. At that point the taped flies started screaming at their friends to stay away--and so they did--hanging out on my ceiling--glaring at me--I know at any moment they are going to swoop down and fly around my head just to irritate me...

I will show them--next move is a fly swatter....
or maybe a set of chopsticks---
after all i am all about channeling the Karate Kid

No comments: