Thursday, March 19, 2009

the mind is willing but the body.....

Or maybe this should be titled
"I am getting to old for this"
or maybe it should be...
"I'm not 20 anymore"
Whatever the case...
my parts are letting me know that they are not happy with me right now. I have taken a handful of Naproxen in the hopes of actually being able to move in the morning and get out of bed .

Tonight found myself and my husband at the church ball fields
It brought back many fond memories of our younger years...
SIGH....
our dating and courtship
and the early years of our marriage with the oldest punk in a walker hanging out watching her dad--and making friends with anyone that would pay attention to her.
It doesn't feel like it has been that long ago--
till I think about it that way...
that and the fact that as I played my body reminded me that it has been that long.
The skills are still there...sorta...
it is alot like riding a bike...some things you never forget....
you just sort of run out of energy and your legs burn, and occasionally you fall down.(although my husband did have a nice slide at third--I am sure i will be hearing about the pain it has inflicted on him for days...maybe even weeks)
And just like riding a bike you run out of breath when you sprint hard and your not used to it--
that and you find muscle units that haven't been used in years...
and now I need to wear glasses in order to see the ball
and I had to make sure that those in the outfield next to me were CPR certified
(Although my left field guy told me he did not bring his barrier--barrier what barrier? We didn't even have a CPR barrier 20 years ago---my how things have changed)
In the line up of life we were the next oldest on the team
with only one person beating us
"When" I ask you?---"WHEN"--did we get to be OLD?

No comments: