Thursday, September 25, 2008

Inspiration

tonight was volleyball again.

Can i say

Highlight of my week!

I was informed
that i was an inspiration.
I am not sure i want to be an inspiration.
(an inspiration with perspiration)

I am not sure how i feel about that one little bit.
I think it makes me feel old.

Should it?

Did they mean it that way--
when they said they hoped their wives could play like me
when they were my age?

I think they meant it as a compliment.?
Getting older can sometimes be a hard pill to swallow
That and the handful of Naproxin i took tonight
so my old bones
and stiff muscles
won't hate me too much in the morning.


“Believe in yourself!
Have faith in your abilities!
Without a humble but reasonable confidence
in your own powers
you cannot be successful or happy.”
-----
Norman Vincent Peale
Here is to many more years of inspiring those around me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I went water skiing/tubing with my laurels last Saturday. Very fun. But alas, they too must feel I'm old since they were astonished that I was not sore the next day. And yes they all were sore. The driver and owner of the boat insisted that I would be incredibly sore the next day. Hah! I tried to tell them I have been working out....guess I should have said hey, I pump iron... not sure it would have mattered:)