Wednesday, June 18, 2008

my shadow has returned

Unbeknownst to you all--middle son has been gone the last few days. On our way back from Cali we met up with my sis-in-law and slowed down just enough to have him change cars as they were on their way to Mexico. He got homw tonight so i went out to their house and picked him up.
I swear he has grown.

He looks older.

(not sure about wiser--although he is a "wise guy")

Maybe it's the picture of him driving a car

that makes me realize how quickly he is growing up





In the car on the way home he was telling me about his trip

and i commented that i hope he used his manners

and said

"Please" and "Thank-you".

To which he responded

"Nah, I didn't say thank you"

(I am appalled and getting ready to give speech #273 on the importance of saying thank you,but before i could get the diatribe started he responded with)

I said "THANKS"---

"I didn't want to strain my vocal cords on saying Thank you"



Somewhere i had heard that those three extra letters in the word YOU can be quite the strain on your voice--good thing he was conserving--so he could use it to say other things like

"I didn't realize George Michael was a real person--I thought he was just a made up singer"

(if you don't understand that comment watch Eli Stone)



Oh it's good to have my funny man back.

No comments: