Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY

I can hardly believe that it is already the middle of March--where is this year going? Today is the one day of the year where i know what i am making for dinner--gotta love the corn beef and cabbage and the Irish Soda Bread. Since my house is empty of most food it will be the crazy big trip to Costco/Sam's this morning. I better make sure and eat before i go or the bill at the end might send my family into a recession. Exciting news today--my nephew who has been serving a mission for the last 2years 5weeks in Mexico is coming home tonight. He left for his mission on Valentines Day and is coming home on St. Patty's how funny is that. He is my oldest nephew and i have loved seeing the growth that has accurred in his life these past few years. He left as a boy and has grown into an incredible man. I will miss his weekly letters--it is amazing getting missionary letters each week--it is like a little spiritual lift when they arrive. It is so neat to see how their lives are directed and the blessings that they receive through their service. He is coming home long enough to get released and then will be going back with his family to tour the many areas that he served in . I think it will be a bit of a cultural shock when he gets home.



Lord. take me where you want me to go;
Let me meet who you want me to meet;
Tell me what you want me to say;
and
Keep me out of your way.
------
Father Mychal Judge

No comments: