Thursday, March 27, 2008

Quit procrastinating and become a WINNER

I am a winner!!! I always knew that i was a winner but it is official now. I was looking at Stacy's blog and there i was--bright and cheery. I am going to get a copy of her Photo Freedom book, just for putting on a sweater and taking my picture, which i almost didn't do. I guess it just goes to prove that sometimes you just have to
take the time to make things happen.
So i am thinking about other things that i have been dragging my feet about.
WHY oh WHY do i put off those things that i want/need to do?
I have been lacking real motivation in my life as of late. In looking up quotes about procrastination I hope it will get me moving--here are some for you think about.
Procrastination is a bad habit that has been around since people had things to do, and reasons not to do it. If you are taking steps to overcoming your habit of procrastinating, here are some inspiring and witty quotes that cut to the quick. They will amuse you and motivate you to persevere in kicking the bad habit, with their refreshing honesty echoing thoughts that we often harbor without realizing our folly.

Regardless of our level of procrastination, it's much easier to be ashamed about being late than it is to feel ashamed about finishing the task or making the decision, only to be told we've performed poorly. In this way, procrastination actually protects us from tapping into this pool of deeper feelings we'd just as soon avoid.
KAREN E. PETERSON, The Tomorrow Trap



The two rules of procrastination:
1) Do it today.
2) Tomorrow will be today tomorrow.
~Author Unknown

Someday is not a day of the week.
~Author Unknown
Only put off until tomorrow
what you are willing to die having left undone.
Pablo Picasso
The best way to get something done is to begin.
~Author Unknown

So here is my challenge to me--find a task you have been putting off/ignoring and start now to make it happen. I am expecting to report back--and i want to hear from those of you who are in the proverbial procrastination boat with me--what changes are you making, and what are you accomplishing? It doesn't have to be anything big--start small but start. I am planning to....
........SOMEDAY....I mean TODAY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this include Laundry, the big pile will vanisH?

Anonymous said...

So, here I am looking for excuses not to work on wedding stuff. I think - I should check my e-mail. Then I think - I should check Leigh Ann's blog. How was I to know she would give me a guilt trip for procrastinating???!!! Actually, I crossed everything but one thing off my list yesterday. The one thing I didn't cross off is the one I am avoiding at the moment. Got to go now and get started. Love ya! Thanks for the push.