Tuesday, August 5, 2008

simply blessed

We had scriptures,
prayers,
and the house was settling down for the night
and then someone opened the door
and the rain came in.
You would think we had opened the door
to the sweepstakes awards
as excited as everyone was.
It's RAIN.
But even i came up stairs,
and watched it pouring down.
Such a simple joy
that took me many years to appreciate.
Often it is going without something
that makes it that much more precious.
I wonder how many things that i have in my life
that i just take for granted
because it has always been there
or because i have been blessed with an abundance.
I have never wanted for a roof over my head
(well except when i was in Chicago)
I have always had food on my table
I have never known hunger.
And my family has been blessed with good health.
We have our moments,
but nothing like some struggles
that i have watched others go through.
I love those times of reflection
so i can stand back
and see how truly blessed i am.
For even the most simple of pleasures
for even
the RAIN!

Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today,
at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick,
at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.
~Buddha

1 comment:

{connie} said...

oh lady...THANK YOU!!! i really need to remind myself of this. you're awesome and i am so blessed to have you. *hugs*