Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduating thoughts

Inquiring minds
or at least this MOM wants to know-----
What HAPPENED TO THE SCHOOL YEAR?
Is it my imagination,
or did this school year move at warp speed?
Today is the last day of school for my kids in High school,
which means when my daughter comes home today,
she will be a senior--
{WHAT?}
[it seems like it was only yesterday
that i was taking her to kindergarten.]
goodbye junior year,hello adult decisions.
We talked about the fact that if she hadn't been held
back she could be graduating--

{scary thought!}

she responded that she was glad that she wasn't.{WHEW}
I think the "real world" is a rather scary place--
I don't blame her for not wanting to have to go out and face it

It seems like as the kids get older the time goes even faster.
My moments of influence are quickly coming to an end.
I am working myself out of a job--
{as they so willingly showed me last weekend}


My dear sweet nephew--who started out his life 10 weeks early
{and only weighing 3#2oz}
is graduating.
While the term walking has to be loosely applied--
since he was in a motorcycle accident last weekend
{and is rather banged up with some broken bones.}
Thank goodness for some protective angels with this kid.

He likes to keep them busy.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Dang. when did your "dear sweet nephew" get to be so good looking??? IMMMMM A SENIORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! love you!